at REVERA INC in Winnipeg
- Published on 12Jan
- Viewed: 124 times
- 0 applicants
This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago...
imagine the possibilities.
Imagine being rewarded with exciting career opportunities, competitive compensation and working alongside the industry’s best and brightest talent. Let your aspirations become a reality at Revera.
Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. Our nearly 30,000 dedicated employees continually strive to serve a diverse group of clients and to offer choices to meet their individual preferences. With 258 sites across Canada and parts of the U.S., we work to enhance lives in our retirement communities, long term care homes, U.S. nursing and rehab centres and through the provision of home health services.
Canadian-owned and operated, Revera serves approximately 30,000 clients every day, with the core values of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence at the heart of our business.
Find out more about Revera at www.reveraliving.com.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in Geriatrics, Rehabilitation and Long Term Nursing at the supervisory
- A Registered Nurse with a current license from the applicable Provincial licensing body.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term care.
- A diploma in Gerontology, Nursing Unit Administration, Management courses or equivalent an asset.
- Seeks out opportunities to maintain competency and continued learning.
- Maturity and good physical and mental health, empathy, patience and tact are important qualities to possess.
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with administrative policies, physicians’ orders, established standards and nursing principles and Nursing Home Act requirements.
- Is knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights and endeavours to respect and promote it. Ensures resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted.
- Works in co-operation with Dietary Department to ensure that the nutritional needs and expectations of residents are met.
- Ensures that Care Conferences are scheduled and documented in order to enhance the Interdisciplinary approach to resident care.
- Ensures that Initial/Ongoing Assessments and Care Plans are developed, implemented and reviewed.
- Assists with the recruiting/hiring and termination of Nursing personnel in consultation with the Director of Nursing.
- Assigns, supervises, disciplines Nursing personnel.
- Schedules and replaces staff for all Departments in absence of designated Department Head.
- Ensures that Registered personnel comply with the administration of medication, legislative and Company mandates.
- Co-ordinates in-house pharmaceutical inventory control and distribution procedures so the Registered personnel have adequate supplies to meet the resident are prescribed needs.
- Initiates and co-ordinates the residents’ admission procedure. Participates in the admissions, discharges and transfers of residents to/from assigned Units.
- Investigates resident and family concerns on behalf of the Company in strictest confidence.
- Ensures resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted.
- Is knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights/Governing Principles and endeavors to promote it.
Email Keri.Robinson@reveraliving.com to apply