Senior Cognos Developer
at PRINCESS AUTO LIMITED in Winnipeg
- Published on 08Feb
- Viewed: 161 times
- 0 applicants
This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago...
Princess Auto is a Canadian based Multi-channel Retailer with a Global Vision. We serve the home, shop and industrial markets by providing a Unique Blend of quality products, services and value based solutions to our Guests through an outstanding shopping experience.
Sr. Cognos Developer
The Sr. Cognos Developer participates in the design, development and support of Princess Auto Ltd.‘s Business Analytics framework . This position primarily responsible for the development of the systems required to extract, transform, cleanse and load data and metadata from source systems into the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Data Marts and for the creation of other data subscription utilities. The Sr. Cognos Developer coordinates and oversees the development of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions; developing scope, reporting requirements, testing, data acquisition / ETL, schedules, work processes, development and maintenance procedures. Working with other team members, he/she will participate in the development of robust, sustainable Business Intelligence and Data architectures that support our business requirements and provide for flexibility and expansion.
- Analysis and design of business requirements
- Report generation, relational and dimensional modeling and ETL Design
- Review the applicability of developed functionality and organize user acceptance tests
- Interactions with the “business experts” to assist them in the preparation and analysis of user requirements
- Provide problem solving capabilities to the team helping with the analysis & resolution of defects.
- Creates and maintains reports using the Cognos development framework.
- Develops and contributes to plans and schedules for BI deliverables
- Scopes deliverables and manages scope changes along with the business partners
- Prioritizes requirements in conjunction with business priorities
- Manages expectations of business and communicates progress
- Documents and maintains reporting processes, code, requirements and maintains compliance and governance procedures
- Fulfills audit and data provision requirements to support various programs
- Provide Cognos training to business users
- Promote BI solutions /capabilities to the business user community
- Oversees and / or develops BI solutions including: # Reports # Ad-hoc queries # Cubes # Analytical views # ETL scripts # Metadata definitions # Queries # Reports
Formal Education and Certification:
- A University degree in either computer information systems or statistics.
- A combination of a post-secondary technical diploma with a data management focus and significant related experience will be considered.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience with scripting views, stored procedures, and queries
- Experience with Cognos 8.x or higher; version 10 preferred.
- Sound knowledge of common data warehousing best practices and common data warehouse models including the use of enterprise reporting tools.
- Sound knowledge of user requirements analysis and application
- Knowledge of PL/SQL running against a data warehousing environment.
- Excellent Cognos development skills; specifically around framework manager, report studio and transformer
- Experience creating visually appealing reports
- Strong understanding of SDLC best practices with an emphasis on DW/BI practices
- Good working knowledge of common code construction and code management practices.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a strong team player
- Experience working in a project-based environment
- Experience with multi-tier technologies
- Experience working within SQL Server and Oracle SQL
- Good understanding of application development methodologies
- Experience with AS 400 will be considered an asset
What our Unique World can offer you:
- Competitive Wage
- Opportunity to participate in a profit sharing plan
- A positive and supportive workplace
- Opportunity to make a difference and inspire others
- Opportunity for advancement
- Training and personal and professional development
- A generous, company-paid benefits package including: # Dental # Medical # Prescription Drug Plan # Company Pension Plan # Store discount
If you are interested in becoming a part of our Unique World, please submit a resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations to:
Fax: (204) 654-5256
Closing Date: Monday, February 20th, 2012